part of speech: preposition
definition 1: later in time than, or behind in order.
- After school, I had a snack.
- The first house after the white one is mine.
definition 2: as a result of.
- After what happened yesterday, she may never go back there.
definition 3: with the same name as.
- The baby was named after me.
definition 4: looking for or in search of.
- The dog chased after the squirrel.
part of speech: adverb
definition 1: at the rear; behind.
- The bride walked down the aisle and a bridesmaid walked after.
definition 2: after some time; later.
- She leaves the house at nine, and he leaves not long after.
part of speech: conjunction
definition: following a certain event or time.
- It happened after she left.