part of speech: preposition
definition 1: from one side to the other of.
- Someone hung streamers across the doorway.
definition 2: to or on the other side of.
- I bought some candy at the store across the street.
definition 3: so as to pass over at an angle, as one line crossing over another.
- The straps should go across each other.
- Put one log straight and another across it.
part of speech: adverb
definition 1: from one side to the other.
- He came to a small stream and jumped across.
definition 2: on or to the other side or end.
- She sat across from me at the table.