part of speech: preposition
definition 1: concerning.
- The library has some nice books about trains.
definition 2: near; in the area of.
- They are about the office somewhere.
definition 3: on each side of; around.
- All about me was ocean, as far as the eye could see.
part of speech: adverb
definition 1: more or less; nearly.
- It costs about ten dollars.
definition 2: on all sides; here and there.
- Look about for the lost sock.
definition 3: in the same area; nearby.
- They are somewhere about.
definition 4: to the opposite direction.
- Turn the car about.
part of speech: adjective
definition: moving around.
- He was out and about early.
phrase: about to